Wednesday, October 27, 2010

NASA challenge!

So, Etsy had a challenge this month, to create an art design based on NASA and the space program. I didn't have much problems thinking of a design for this project! When I was little my dad used to work for NASA, and when I was 6 the space shuttle STS-31 Discovery was launched on April 24th, 1990 and landed on April 29th, 1990 at Edwards Airforce Base, CA. I don't remember if we saw it launch or land, but I remember the sand of the desert blowing all over and everyone around us was really busy and excited. I got a patch with all the astronauts' names listed on it. Which, pack rat that I am, I have saved for all these years!
Hence the inspiration for the challenge was born!


 Like all good shuttles, it had to have a sturdy base.


 Going up!

 
Getting there...

 Boosters so they can fly around.

 Nose tip for protection during re-entry.



And last, but not least... the little details!

I am so proud of this little guy! I worked very hard on him, and as soon as the paint dries I hope it can go to a good home! Although, if it wins the competition it will be up on display?

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool. What can be created in crochet is unlimited. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all the great comments!

    ReplyDelete