Friday, October 22, 2010

ARGH!

Ok. So I am working on making crochet Edward Cullen and Bella Swan dolls for one of my best friends at work. It has taken me like a year to figure out how I want to do Edward's hair and eyes, cause I want him to look awesome for her. She is a bit of a Twilight fanatic and has a room with all of her Twilight merchandise in it. I had told her that I was only going to make Edward, since he is almost 2 feet tall and was taking forever I told her that I might not ever get around to doing a Bella for her to match. 

So, now I finally have Edward's hair looking right, and I messed around with a combination of things until I had the perfect design for the eyes. And of course I decide that he can't spend a lifetime all by himself, so I just HAD to make a Bella to match.

So she could actually be with him "forever" I decided to make her "Vampire Bella" and wanted to give her the blue satin dress and silver shoes to match. I also decided to give her the red eyes of a freshly turned vampire. But, alas. As soon as I get everything cut out for her dress my sewing machine decides it's going to flip out, and I have no idea what is going wrong! I haven't had much experience with sewing machines, you see, and have sewn most of my things by hand. But I really wanted her to look nice and wanted to use the machine on this piece. Now I have to sew it all by hand, and satin material isn't very good to work with in the first place. Very hard to get seams to sew straight and the fabric to lay still so you can even pin it straight. 

I was hoping to have her finished by tomorrow, but it looks like she will have to wait a few more days for her birthday present that is already a year late.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! When you said you were making an Edward doll I thought you meant a little doll, not a huge masterpiece! I can't wait to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete